Note: You are reading this message either because you do not have a standards-compliant browser, or because you can not see our css files.
Welcome to Yahoo Fantasy Sports: Skip to Content Skip to Section Navigation

Fantasy Baseball 2013

in partnership with MLB.com

Bleed Cubbie Blue League Message Board

How much time should be given for each draft pick?

1. 30 seconds

1 votes
  2. 45 seconds

2 votes
  3. 60 seconds

0 votes
  4. 90 seconds

0 votes
Go back and vote
I'll pick in the time allotted to me i suppose. It will be the same for everyone so no one will get an unfair advantage. I definitely would say no more than 60 seconds though. Any of 30-60 are doable.

And honestly I think where you'll be wanting to use more time is later in the draft. Just like in real baseball a draft/your league is won with your picks from t he middle of the draft on. You can't really go wrong with a Votto/Trout/McCutchen pick. Taking that extra 15 seconds in the 12th round might win you the league.

I can tell from your finishes last season of 9th place in a 12 team league and 10th place in an 11 team league, that that strategy must really work for you :)
dang yahoo profile i will say in my defense those are two keeper leagues im in its a keep 20 cut 5 so it takes time to rebuild i tore down and began rebuilding a couple years ago doing a couple 1 and done leagues this year for the firat time in a while

im still game for however much time as long as i get tony campana to dominate steals

and no punctuation in that message because the message board doesnt jive with my phone apparently.
I have two things to say about this. First is that people really have a lot more than 30 seconds to pick and that's what a queue is for. You should be using the time that other people are picking in (which could be as long as 15 minutes) to make a list of players that you want to take when it's your turn to pick. Yes, I know things can get dicey when the guy you wanted got taken one pick before, but that's why you build a queue of five or six players. Major league teams pick in about five seconds: they call the team's name and they're expected to say a name immediately. They can do this because they have a long queue of players in the order they want them.

Second, In the post that announced this league I said that there would be 30 seconds a pick. No one signed up for this league without that knowledge.

Fair enough. You're all going down either way!